Experience the Local Food Culture
Are you looking for an experience that can change your life for the better?
Apply for these AmeriCorp positions here: My AmeriCorps.
The Healthy Food AmeriCorps Program
Nonprofits and government agencies in Missouri need full-time AmeriCorps members to connect people of all ages/economic classes with the benefits of local and healthy food.
MRCN matches AmeriCorps members with these organizations.
- Design & present curriculum
- Expand outdoor classroom gardens
- Promote healthy school lunches
- Garden education
- Service projects
- Training and teaching volunteers
Becoming an AmeriCorps member is not an official job, but rather a full-time, one-year commitment to national service.
- Professional experiences in the nonprofit sector
- $12,530 yearly living allowance (taxable income paid every two weeks)
- $5,650 Education Award (to be used for student loans or continuing education expenses. Education Award is transferable to AmeriCorps member’s children or grandchildren).
- ACA health coverage
- Childcare assistance (if eligible)
- Student loan forbearance for federal student loans
- Housing is not typically provided, but MRCN can assist a prospective member’s search for accommodations.
MRCN’s Healthy Food AmeriCorps Program in Four Steps
Step 1. The Missouri River Communities Network finds AmeriCorps Sponsors. Sponsors are nonprofits or government agencies across mid-Missouri seeking workers to connect their organization with the local food movement.
Step 3. Newly-recruited AmeriCorps members are required to attend a orientation and training organized by MRCN, typically the first week of August.
Step 4. The AmeriCorps begins regular duties for his or her nonprofit sponsor.
Please contact Jenny Grabner, MRCN’s Healthy Food AmeriCorps Program Director or Jackie Casteel, MRCN’s administrative assistant.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.comMissouri River Communities Network 200 Old 63 South; Ste 203 Columbia, MO, 65201